Saturday, July 9, 2016

Tokusatsu in review: Gojira/Godzilla King of the monsters (redux)

The Redux reviews continue with the First Toku review Shinta did back in 2011!
...Why'd he stop doing Godzilla reviews?


Tokusatsu in review: Gojira/Godzilla King of... by ShintaReviews

Note: you are free to disagree with me on the 2014 movie and the points I brought up, but those are just a handful of many Issues I had with the film.  As Said, it's blacklisted so I can just leave it alone, for I know many actually enjoyed it.  But I did not.

1 comment:

  1. embarrassingly, I've never seen this one. I saw the Raymond Burr version a few years ago, but I've never sat down and seen the original version from start to finish. regardless, from everything I've seen and heard, this is in many ways the best Godzilla movie. no other film in the franchise really showcased how horrorible a event like this would be in real life, though I suppose even that would wear thin after what, 30 films?

    as for the 2014 movie, I don't really love it or hate it. I find it to be a very mediocre, by-the-numbers monster movie. I intend on seeing the sequel just to see if Michael Borenstein and Gareth Edwards can learn from their mistakes. if the sequel's not any better, i'll be avoiding any future installments

    ReplyDelete